At the Home Inspector Academy, we will cover the following topics over the session of the apprenticeship:
- What is a home inspection?
- What does a home inspector do?
- How to build your home inspection business
- How to market your home inspection business
- How to connect with realtors and brokers
- How to present your inspection findings
- How long the inspections and reports should take
- Communicating with the clients during/after the inspection
- How to work in a home that is occupied, and the challenges involved
- Continuing your home inspection education options at HIA
- Types of inspections to offer for inspections: pre-purchase, pre-listing, investor, commercial, residential, condo, 2-plex, 4-plex, manufactured home, etc
- Understanding the difference between types of inspections
- Various services to offer: Radon, lead, water, meth testing, and more
- Thermal imaging inspections
- Knowing all home components
- Exterior: Driveways, walkways, roof, garage, foundation, deck, porch, basement, crawl space, attic space, etc.
- Interior: Floors, walls, windows, doors, stairs, kitchen, bathrooms, bonus room, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.